ALL Members are required to sign the -
RPMASA Guiding Principles
As a member of the RPMASA, our company is committed to support the continuing effort to improve industry's responsible performance through its role in Responsible Packaging Management and sustainable use of resources, waste reduction, re-use and recycling. We pledge to:
- Comply with the international and RPMASA's Key Elements, Procedures, Guidelines and Codes of Operating Practice.
- Recognise and respond to community concerns about packaging, packaging disposalÂ and the operation of Reprocessing facilities.
- Produce packaging that is effective to safely contain appropriate materials in all aspects of handling, transportation and storage.
- Make health, safety and environmental considerations a priority in our planning for all existing and new processes.
- Counsel packaging users on the safe use, transportation, emptying, reuse and recycling of such packaging.
- Operate our plants in a manner that supports sustainable development and protects the environment, and the health and safety of our employees and the public.
- Work with others to resolve problems created by past container disposal practices.
- Participate with government and others in creating responsible laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- Promote the principles and practices of Responsible Packaging Management by sharing our experiences and offering assistance to others who produce, use, transport or dispose of used packaging.
- Foster the integrity and reputation of the industry by refraining from making or publishing knowingly false, misleading or commercially disparaging statements or advertisements about our products and services, or the products and services of competitors.
- Manage our business to comply with applicable legislation and best Industry Practice.
WHERE DOES YOUR USED PACKAGING GO?
WHO IS DUMPING CHEMICAL CONTAMINATED 25KG BAGS
IN CAPE CAUSING DEATH OF 1 TODDLER AND
13 MORE HOSPITALISED - 23 APRIL 2013
WHO IS DUMPING TOXIC DRUMS IN DURBAN
Sunday Tribune 28 April 2013
JOIN RPMASA AND Support call for sector IWMP AND
National schemef or safe recovery of used chemical packaging.
Join RPMASA and use our toll free logo
as part of your take-back & recovery scheme .
Members can use our toll free logo as part of the initiative
RPMASA RECEIVES CLEANER PRODUCTION
AWARD FOR PROMOTION OF RECP & IT'S
MEMBER PROGRAM + AUDIT FOR DRUM
GHS THREAT TO PACKAGING FOR RPMASA
INPUT @ UN
DOWNLOAD ICPP IBC PRESENTATION AND FIBC
GHS SADC POLICY
Signed by Trade & Industry Ministers
30 Nov 2012
SANS ISO Updates
ISO publishes 1st 6 Standards under Packaging & Environment series to guide industry globally in recovery, reuse and recycle
Companies Act - Memorandum of Incorporation -
MOI deadline, 30 April 2013
|Consumer Protection Act came into effect 1 April 2011|
Notice from SAPS regarding the Act of 1955 is still in force
Training & Workshops
RESPONSIBLE PACKAGING MANAGEMENT
ASSOCIATION of SOUTHERN AFRICA
10th Anniversary workshop
Proudly South African partnering with RPMASA to Celebrate their 10th
Anniversary: Thursday, 24 May 2012 at Rainfarm Game Lodge, near Ballito
Embracing the Green Economy & Local Procurement Accord for Sustainable Business
Participate in our interactive workshop to learn about “Greening opportunities”
2012 RPMASA TRAINING SANS 10406 1 Day - Transport of Dangerous Goods